We recently had an online Zoom meeting regarding camp with our network Kidmin leaders. Here is a synopsis of what was discussed.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION:
All events for April have either been cancelled, postponed or being reinvented
Working to middle of May
Moving forward with camps!
No deposit needed for camp
Early bird pricing will be applied, and balance must be paid in full before early bird deadline ends (18 days before the start of camp)
The website has a list of the dates for when Early Bird pricing would end
IF WE HAVE TO CANCEL A CAMP THERE WILL BE A 100% REFUND ISSUED
Where to find most up to date information about whether a camp is cancelled or not:
The WNMMN Minsters Fellowship page
Our WNMDKids facebook page
Google group email sent
Group Hold information
Invitations will be sent out based on last year’s number (at least 20 campers)
Start planning now who will be coming to camp as a leader
Your “go to” person(s) may not be available this year because of having to use vacation time now or financially can’t afford it
Question was asked if we can have split days for cabin leaders
We would prefer to not have this and if there is no other option talk to office staff before hand
Not much thought yet for fundraising but if anyone has any ideas please put them out in the google group
Other Camp Questions Asked:
Can cost of camp be lowered?
May look at reducing the number of days which would lower the cost of camp
Additional steps for sanitizing camp?
Kent said that all steps are being done that are recommending by CDC and they will follow all guidelines put out for them to follow
Will look at what additional measures can be done
Can we have a video to walk through how to register for a camp?
Samuel Lester made a video before for Assembly Park and we will look at that video and see if a new one needs to be made
Additional Camp Info Discussed:
Gary Bell may need help in Spring to get Assembly Park ready for camp
New lodge building construction plans finalized (Finance committee put hold on building during this time of unknown)
Kent is continuing to make safety at Spencer Lake (crossing the street) a priority
Looking at building a tunnel underground to cross
There may be additional instructions for the crosswalk
Improvements made to the Dome were discussed to make it usable
The website has all the forms and artwork needed to get information out